On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 5:35 PM David Rodrigues <david.pro...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Question for those who know about opcache optimizations: is it
> > feasible to avoid fetching the current value if the value is otherwise
> > unused and the variable-variable features are not used either?

TBH, this sounds like the best approach: optimizing the `foreach
(\array_keys($input) as $key) {` structure, when detected.

That would make it zero impact from an RFC/userland perspective, and the OP
by John is in fact about a performance concern, while we already have a
very expressive way to do key iteration.

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/