Hi Mark,

Just out of curiosity, why is the 3rd case being included here? Is it just
because it's currently a warning? The current behavior is well documented
and known since ... forever? When I first taught PHP in 2011, I was told
post-increment/decrement was sugar for `isset($var) ? $var + 1 : 1` and if
I wanted different behavior I needed to write it out. Maybe that original
behavior was unintentional, but this seems like a pretty fundamental change
to something that has been that way since the beginning just to "make it
work like other languages"?

Robert Landers
Software Engineer
Utrecht NL