Le mar. 22 févr. 2022 à 12:07, Mark Randall <marand...@php.net> a écrit :

> On 22/02/2022 09:15, Nicolas Grekas wrote:
> > I very much call for an implementation to be provided before starting any
> > vote on the topic btw.
> The RFC states on its first line that accessing an undefined variable
> emits an E_WARNING. If it does not currently emit an E_WARNING then it
> is out of scope of this RFC.

This last sentence could be worth copy/pasting into the RFC :)
Thanks for the recent edits, they help clarify to me.

> It is not sensible to provide a full implementation for something that
> will require extensive engine and test changes for something several
> years into the future, during which many other changes will be made.
>

> A sensible time for this would be after the branch is cut for 8.4.

I understand if the target is to do everything in 9.0.
But this makes me think: we should trigger a deprecation just before all
corresponding warnings!
This would signal the change to 8.x users and help them spot where a change
is needed.
This should happen before the warning to that error handlers that turn the
warning into an exception also get a note about the soon-to-be change.

WDYT?

Nicolas