On Wed, 12 Apr 2023 at 15:22, Alex Wells <autau...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, you can't be replying to each reply you support - I don't think
> spamming people with notifications is a good idea. Also on practice, I've
> not seen such simple "Agreed" or "+1" kind of replies in the past few
> discussions - probably because it's impractical.

Reactions are a nice social media feature, but I don't think I've ever seen
them used to convey anything particularly meaningful.

If I write a comment that gets 3 smily faces, 4 angry faces, one rocket,
and one of those weird Japanese fireworks, all from people who haven't
otherwise participated in the conversation ... I'll just ignore them and
carry on.

It's certainly not a killer feature I'd uproot an entire community for.

Regards,
--
Rowan Tommins
[IMSoP]