On 30.11.23 09:39, James Titcumb wrote:

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 at 07:28, Andreas Heigl <andr...@heigl.org <mailto:andr...@heigl.org>> wrote:
[...snip...]

    I suppose that is actually nothing that an RFC can do as I imagine that
    everyone from the PHP Group needs to support this and even an RFC
    wouldn't legally be able to change anything in regards to that.

Surely, everyone who has contributed (i.e. has voting karma) has the opportunity to vote, and therefore, if they choose not to vote, that is surely their choice. I don't know the ins and outs of it, but I'd have thought an RFC, well advertised, with plenty of time to ensure as many people can vote who have rights to.

What I meant by that is that the members of "The PHP Group" are currently the copyright holders. From a legal point of view no RFC can change that. The only way to change that would be for the PHP Group to transfer their copyright to someone else. What an RFC *can* do though is *propose* that the PHP Group transfers their copyright to the PHP Foundation.

Though I'm lo lawyer, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers

Andreas
--