On Tue, Dec 5, 2023 at 3:21 PM Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 5, 2023, 10:13 PM Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > You may mention https://github.com/FriendsOfPHP/pickle
> >
> > which supports pecl.php.net pear format,  composer like support, and
> > conversion to composer format.
> >
> > I did a website as well as a test bed and we had a long with the composer
> > team what would be the best way to integrate it. That's something that
> > became possible with composer 2.x, which now widely used. Similarly we
> > discussed the idea to create a packagist dedicated to extensions.
> >
> > That would be, imo, the best option to date.
> >

> > The current code may need some updates for php8 but nothing difficult or
> > requiring big changes.
> >

> there was also a draft rfc while we were thinking to propose to bundle it.
> But we then decided to follow the composer's packagist philosophy instead.
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/pickle

Hi Derick,

Thanks for creating the google doc for us, it's really easy to contribute
now, and I think I'll use this same approach for php.net/docs modernization
approach.

I came here to write about Pierre's Pickle project, but he replied whilst I
was mid-writing this email :-)

I'll add comments onto the Google Doc.

Many thanks,
Paul