So your suggestion for simple file stuff is to download composer?

On 2023-12-08 1:43 a.m., Max Semenik wrote:
On Wed, Dec 6, 2023 at 10:20 PM Niels Dossche <dossche.ni...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi internals

I'd like to start a pre-RFC discussion about filesystem path APIs in PHP.
The reason I bring this up is because of this recent feature request:
https://github.com/php/php-src/issues/11258

The feature request is about the following:
We already have some functions to work with paths in PHP, e.g. basename,
dirname, realpath.
We do not have some common path APIs that you can find in other languages
like: path_join to join paths and path_normalize to normalize paths.

We have a lot of commonly used functionality that's successfully fulfilled
by Composer packages - does this really have to be core functionality? I
understand the argument about batteries included, but across mainstream
languages you can always find examples of something that sounds like it
should really be there, but it isn't.