Hi David

On 08/12/2023 10:08, David CARLIER wrote:
>     I think these would be great additions to PHP as working with paths and
> files is a core part of any programming language.
>

> Seems like it, is there an argument to be made to, let's say, in the
> performance side ?

A native implementation is going to be faster than an implementation in
userspace.
However, I don't think that matters because the performance is likely dominated
by the I/O you do after constructing a path.
You'd need to construct a large number of paths before you notice anything I
guess.

Cheers
Niels