Hello Cesare,

> Alle 21:10, lunedì 14 novembre 2005, Jani Taskinen ha scritto:
>> > Exactly! I didn't mention it, but that's what I was thinking about.
>>
>>      IMO, no. (bundling SRM or any other such thing)

> I don't want to bother, but why not? I'm accepting a simple RTFA (read
> the friendly archives :) if that was discussed yet (but keep in mind
> that this is a major number change).

Simply because it is not the PHP way. And of course until now Derick
did not seem to push to bring it there. If anyone else writes an
application server and publishes it to pecl and using an application
server becomes the normal way in PHP it would most definitively added.
However without an application server you can still use a database or
a apc's apc_store/fetch. However it doesn't handle objects right now
so you'd need to serialize them.

Another thing you may probably want to notice is that storing an object
is not everything. You would need to serialize access to it or copy it
or talk to it through some communication system. Java choses the latter
with on the one hand the farmost slowest since it also includes locking
but on the other hand the solution that scales most (once you've brought
in the power to enable that locking and communication). Also which ever
solution you choose, your sysem will get much more complex.

Thus PHP takes the KISS approach - keep it simple safe.

Best regards,
 Marcus