Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
LS>>How is that different from "goto"?

I start to suspect you just skip what I am writing. Didn't I explain that exception does not allow to jump to random points and goto does?

You are argue on technical/internals terms. I agrue that what is "defined" and "clear" is determined by the amount of code that can be touched and how easily you can find the relevant points in your code.

LS>>And if you can jump through 80% if your code via an exception while you
LS>>unwind the stack it might be ordered but you tell me that you know whats
LS>>going on. For all intends and purposes it will be just as random, with the

Precentage of code that lies between throw point and catch point has nothing to do with anything. The structure of the code - that you always know which block encloses the code with exception potential and which code would handle the exception if it arises - has everything to do with it.

See above. The percentage and the searchability are the things that matter for the real world.

*sigh* .. its so hard to stop argueing in circles ;-)

regards,
Lukas