hi Stanislav,

Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
LS>>How is that different from "goto"?

I start to suspect you just skip what I am writing. Didn't I explain that exception does not allow to jump to random points and goto does?
LS>>And if you can jump through 80% if your code via an exception while you
LS>>unwind the stack it might be ordered but you tell me that you know whats
LS>>going on. For all intends and purposes it will be just as random, with the

Precentage of code that lies between throw point and catch point has nothing to do with anything. The structure of the code - that you always know which block encloses the code with exception potential and which code would handle the exception if it arises - has everything to do with it.

as a less able phper than yourself I would like to add that in practice hunting
downing 'wtf' happened when an exception occurs is inside a complex piece of
[OO]
code can be very very difficult/opaque/mind-boggling. so although in theory goto
is much more problematic in this regard I suspect that in practice hunting and
fixing
a goto related problems will be just as much "Fun"(tm) as doing it with
Exceptions
(at least for clue-challenged people).

don't under-estimate my ability to shoot myself in the foot with Exceptions :-)
I'm dirty harry with altzeimers.

rgds,
Jochem