Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
> What's to say /drive/smb or letter:// is not an SMB device? Also why
> break perfectly valid applications that perform operations on networked
> file systems?

We are only talking about marking them as is_url which doesn't have
anything to do with performing normal operations on networked
filesystems.  How many real apps rely on being able to execute code via
an smb include?  The exact same argument could me made for a localhost
http or ftp include which we also disallow.  The fact that someone can
map a remote machine to a local drive actually means that they can make
sure their app works because then they have pre-configured which hosts
are valid hosts for this use.  If a bad guy can mount remote filesystems
onto your server, then you have bigger problems.

-Rasmus