Hi Dmitry,

On 1/26/07, Dmitry Stogov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Sara,

I fixed one error in your patch, so now it passes all tests.

BTW I am against this patch.

1) It adds sloppily built functionality into the core and slowdowns EACH
dimension or property fetch both at run-time and compilation-time. I think
it is a big cost for $_GET/$_POST encoding-conversion, but it is only my
opinion.

2) It adds pointer to zend_auto_global into zend_compiled_variable. This
makes troubles for opcode caches - zend_compiled_variable(s) may lay in
shared memory, so they cannot point to process specific data. I think this
issue can be fixed using indirect pointer (index).

I would prefer rollback "auto-globals CV" patch and commit (or not) the
whole patch after conclusion.

Why did you reject auto-globals as overloaded arrays?

As I already told you in my initial proposal (which is simpler than
this solution), they do not work in all cases (check the various bugs
about them) and they will bring a huge breakage as is_array($objarray)
returns false. The later is certainly fixable (with slowness too), I'm
not sure about the other issues.

--Pierre