On 1/27/07, Dmitry Stogov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Sara,

> [...]

During combination of ZEND_FETCH, ZEND_FETCH_OBJ into one ZEND_FETCH_OBJ
with IS_CV you didn't check for first check type. So you could combine fetch
of static (or global) variable into CV. You can just run "make test" with
your and my patch and see difference.

> > BTW I am against this patch.
> >
> Fair enough.
>
> > 1) It adds sloppily built functionality into the core
> Well, you sure know how to sweet-talk a gal.

My English isn't good and I spent some time with dictionary to write that I
think :)
Really, I think that you use the most complicated way to solve HTTP input
encoding problem.

May be we no longer need for autoglobals at all and can use simple functions
like http_get_var($name).

That's somehow my thoughts too. My initial proposal was to have a
simple JIT for GPC at runtime (which is not that hard to implement but
not easy either ;) and then use filter (as it exists for this exact
purpose!). Another approach I really like is the cgi object, see perl
or python for nice implementations examples.

--Pierre
ps: we are running in circle, I said that already many times already...