Wez Furlong wrote:
On 5/7/07, Lester Caine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
No one has time to work on the
Firebird PDO driver because we still need the main driver to provide the
functions PDO does not support.

Umm, no.  Nobody has time for firebird because nobody uses it.
I ask people about Firebird at each conference and I've never had more
than about 1 in 50 people admit to ever having used it, and those are
shaky hands going up--we're not talking die-hard firebird users here.

From my experience Firebird users are quite regionally distributed across Brazil and Russia. But anyways, the problem is of course not that we are uninterested in Firebird, but simply that nobody with the C hacker skills has taken this over yet.

regards,
Lukas