On 6/14/07, Jani Taskinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I mean, if PHP 6 is about unicode, why upgrade to PHP 6 and disable it?

I think if unicode.semantics remains PHP_INI_SYSTEM it is useless as
most users ( people that runs in shared hosting servers) will simple
not be able to turn it on, as well hosting companies will keep it off
because turning it on will break applications.

So, either make it at least PHP_INI_PER_DIR or remove it all togeteher
( aka.. always behave like unicode.semantics= On)