David Coallier schrieb:
> I would probably be in favor of throwing a notice or a warning when
> someone modifies a built-in function (or even throw an exception) and
> that way as soon as you do such thing you would know right away that
> you modified something and you would know where the modification
> happened which would make things much easier for people developing and
> debugging applications.

The problem is that this kind of overloading makes a nice feature as
well. This is runied by throwing an exception, and cautious developers
will at least get nervous when they see a notice.

I could imagine that by adding something like "overrides foo()" or
"overloads foo()" to a function/method declaration the developer could
make clear that he willingly overrides a built-in function, and if this
is missing, an exception is being thrown. This may be a little over the
top, however.

Kind regards,

Stefan

--
 >e-novative> - We make IT work for you.

 e-novative GmbH - HR: Amtsgericht München HRB 139407
 Sitz: Wolfratshausen - GF: Dipl. Inform. Stefan Priebsch

 http://www.e-novative.de