I think the following example is much better, however I am not sure it's a
right direction. Namespaces are intended to declare names that can conflict
with names from other namespaces (including global namespace), do I am not
sure that we need special keyword for internal functions.

This is something that is bothering me too - should we distinguish between internal functions and just php global functions? If not - we should be aware that when we define namespaced function, global function may not be existing yet.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]