Is this what other languages try to solve with:

import foo::*;

(untested, I don't know if this is implemented) ?

No, not implemented and probably won't be. It isn't necessary for solving the long names problem and in fact brings the whole same problem back again by putting all the names back into global namespace. If you have one-level space, it's nothing wrong with writing foo::bar. The import ensures you never have to write more than two ::'s (space::class::function), but we didn't try to get it down to one :: because it's too much trouble.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]