Antony Dovgal wrote:
Blindly reverting something is no fix, those changes were done for a good reason, even though Marcus didn't test them very good (but that's what RCs are for, isn't it?).

Obviously they were not tested at all?

I don't know of any people using Interbase except for you and Ard (who maintains all interbase extensions).

I do (btw, I'm the maintainer of PEAR::MDB2, including the ibase
driver), and I know a lot of people using Firebird/Interbase.
Unfortunately, since PDO_Firebird is completely broken [1]
and Ard isn't active anymore, the only option left is using
the current php_interbase extension.

So even if somebody did run the tests against an RC, he/she didn't tell a word to us.

I left a message on the open bug report.
I thought the bug tracker was the best place to
confirm such issues...

Try the very next snapshot, I applied a patch after a discussion with Marcus.

the latest snapshot works for me, many thanks!

Best regards,
--
Lorenzo Alberton
http://pear.php.net/user/quipo