Lorenzo Alberton wrote:
Antony Dovgal wrote:
Blindly reverting something is no fix, those changes were done for a good reason, even though Marcus didn't test them very good (but that's what RCs are for, isn't it?).

Obviously they were not tested at all?

I don't know of any people using Interbase except for you and Ard (who maintains all interbase extensions).

I do (btw, I'm the maintainer of PEAR::MDB2, including the ibase
driver), and I know a lot of people using Firebird/Interbase.
Unfortunately, since PDO_Firebird is completely broken [1]
and Ard isn't active anymore, the only option left is using
the current php_interbase extension.

Ard was amongst the list of people who could not see any need to develop a second driver since the php_interbase one IS working fine. It would be nice to build a Firebird version against the modern client, and do away with the need to build a legacy client to allow it to work. That IS in the pipeline, but as yet no-one who uses Firebird/PHP in production has seen any need to spend time on a more limited PDO driver ;) Ard had built a lot of capability into the driver, and has added all the hooks for an fbird port already for a split, which is probably now due given the extensive work Firebird has received in the version 2 builds, and the new service facilities that it would be nice to support directly. But even the existing php_interbase handles FB2.x without a problem.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL