On 04.08.2007 10:42, Lester Caine wrote:
 > I'm not saying that
you do nothing, but I'm not sure that complaining about the bad state
of pdo_firebird is really helpful.

See the other post. I am not 'complaining' about the fact that no one is willing to spend unpaid time on pdo_firebird, just trying to explain WHY. If the Firebird Foundation had the deep pockets of IBM, Oracle, MySQL etc. then we would actually PAY someone to do it, but for now it has to have a reason to be worked on and no one has a reason :(

It's not about money in the first place.
I started maintaining OCI8 because _I_ was using it quite hard, so I was interested in OCI8 to be stable and feature-rich to make my own life easier.

For some reason I expect people to do the same when they really need something, at the very least I expect people to understand that silently waiting (or loudly complaining in their blogs, that's the same) for a good guy that should come and do everything for them is not very productive.

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal