Lukas Kahwe Smith skrev:
Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

10) Split off deprecation from E_STRICT into E_DEPRECATED

0. Why do we *need* it again?

Without it, we mix 2 different concepts, we also make it needlessly hard for library maintainers to leverage E_STRICT. As a result library maintainers have the choice of either jumping to every new minor version as the minimum requirement or more or less ignoring E_STRICT all together.

Being a teacher who tries to explain PHP daily I am definately +1 on this one. Separating these two concepts really helps.

Lars Gunther