Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
implementation [details] not the concept. I believe that the implementation needs a little ironing out ... what's the harm in taking the time to do this?
or at least taking the time to let consensus take hold?

No harm, but we will have multiple namespaces per file figured out pretty soon, and I don't see any new developments with the braces thing, so what exactly would we wait for?

metrics that support your argument that namespaces will make code more
maintainable, offer better structure and cleaner code.

Obviously, we can't have any metrics of anything until the namespaces are implemented and used in some serious project, which can't happen until we have a release with namespaces in it.

> it remains nothing more than a pontential even after release. in the same

For some time, yes. And if one chooses not to use it, maybe forever for that particular user. I'm all for discussing practical ones, but frankly I don't see any new issues here worth delaying anything.
Hey Stas,

I just felt the need to send a note in to say thank you for working to keep the namespaces implementation in. I've been developing toward PHP 5.3 and would be sorely disappointed if I had to re-write all of my libraries to remove the use of namespaces.

So, thanks.