On 07/12/2007, Lokrain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just wanted to drop an opp. Just to see the logic, when we have
> programming structure class, interface, function, if statement, switch
> statement etc, we have bracers encapsulation. This is the logic that most
> programming language give to show a programmer that something is inside
> something. We here have namespace with the same idea, and no bracers.
>
> Conclusion: namespaces are not logical => no thanks
>
> PS. By the way, I do not think that any workarounds on that logic will not
> be nice.

I'm trying to understand the argument against using braces.

And that has led me to the following question.

Assuming no braces, how would I put code OUTSIDE of the namespace in a
single file.

<?php
namespace XYZ;

xyz related code goes here

non xyz related code goes here but how do I let PHP know it isn't part of xyz?

Do I have to change namespace by using a dummy namespace? Same issue
how do I refer to the global namespace.

Richard.

--
-----