> There is no need to implement __call() in every class,.
> Just make sure their parent class implements it.
Yes, I'm well aware of that - but that doesn't really help when taking
into account 3rd party libraries or places where it's not possible
because you don't have control over the base class.

> Changing PHP's behavior in a backward-incompatible way that would affect
> everyone and *forcing everyone* to use exceptions seems to be really bad
> idea, especially taking into account that your problem can be easily solved
> without it.
In my original post I proposed several ways that would not be
backwards incompatible, and maybe I put the subject on the original
message wrong - the key here isn't really exceptions but the ability
to handle unknown method calls without taking the entire process down
with it. Anyway this will be my last post on the subject since I don't
want to spam the list and I think I've expressed all my opinions about
it clearly.

Regards, Fredrik.