Hi,

On Feb 2, 2008 8:52 PM, Steph Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  all we need is to extend the PECL database with a license type field and
> > CLA flag. Nothing else is required at that end. But we should still move
> > as
> > much from php-src/ext to pecl as we can.

There is no place for CLA in pecl either. I still see zero reason to
tolerate CLA in pecl.php.net or anywhere else.

> I was just trying to find a way that would be acceptable to php.net and also
> would mean PDO2 driver development doesn't have to wait on PECL process
> decisions, but actually my off-list feedback says even a PECLA module
> wouldn't be an acceptable option for some.

It is not OK for me (to list one). The last attempt to create this
exact solution (flag in pecl with automatic download of pdf to sign
etc.) was sadly a failure. As it begins well, the communication
between the company and us was not good at all and it was not possible
to get answers in a reasonable time or simply no answer at all. Wez
was also involved and was the initial contact between the company and
php.

--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org