Lars Strojny wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 14.02.2008, 00:56 +0100 schrieb Jochem Maas:
I think Lars has a point ... maybe set_include_path() could
be given a second parameter instead to mitigate the need for seperate
funcs?:

set_include_path('foo', INCPATH_OVERRIDE); // default
set_include_path('foo', INCPATH_APPEND);
set_include_path('foo', INCPATH_PREPEND);

Thanks for your support, but this seems counter intuitive. Why should
*set*_include_path() be used to *append* or *prepend* to the include
path? Also learning another mouthful of constants is maybe suboptimal.
Getting used to prepend_/append_...() is easy from my point of view, as
the name is derived from what's currently present (set_include_path()).

Just my "senf" (like 2c, but that's what we call it in Austria :)

Personally I never understood why we've set_include_path in the first place anyway. "ini_set('include_path', ..." does exactly the same and the C function does actually exactly this.

If this function would have been here since PHP4, fine. But personally, I don't see a justification to introduce a new function for such a simple thing. Considering we've already two ways to achieve the same goal I don't see a reason to add another two ways to deal with simple string handling. There's not verification/validation whatsoever done.

- Markus