From: Stanislav Malyshev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 10:51 AM
To: Derick Rethans
Subject: Re: [php-icu] RE: [PHP-DEV] Re: [php-icu] Graphemes and unicode vs
intl extension

> In this case, all of the classes in pecl/intl should start with Intl.

IntlMessageFormatter is a pretty sucky name... But maybe if we don't have
another bright idea I guess that'd be the way to go. Pity we didn't figure it
out earlier in the loop, but I'm guessing it should not be too hard to
search/replace the class names.

Now with function names I'm not sure - having intl_numfmt_format_currency is
even worse. The thing is intl extension is, unlike zip, etc. actually 4
extensions in one, so to speak - it has a number of functional modules, and
this number is going to grow, but they are united under the hood of kind of
super-extension. That's not what happens for most of the other extensions -
they usually have one functional module. I think having more that one prefix,
provided it isn't the same as for any other extension, is OK for an extension,
so we can still have msgfmt_, numfmt_, etc. Any comments on that?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]