no, instead I think everything in those exts should have intl_ or Intl as
prefix. That works for Spl and SplTypes pretty well where I use Spl prefix
in SplTypes as well.

Well, in date manual as I can see there are 2 prefixes: date_ and timezone_. And in SPL there are non-prefixed iterators, ArrayObject, iterator_count, etc. But that's less important that this question - is the name intl_numfmt_parse_currency in any way less prone to naming conflict than numfmt_parse_currency? I don't think so. And "intl" name is quite non-descriptive, so we don't gain much by adding it. As I said, date and number formatter could be separate extensions, they are together only for practical purposes of distribution, so stuffing them into same "namespace" doesn't seem reasonable for me. They do each have unique prefix, which does not infringe on any other extension, so I think it should be enough...
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]