Hello Stanislav,

>>   no, instead I think everything in those exts should have intl_ or Intl as
>> prefix. That works for Spl and SplTypes pretty well where I use Spl prefix
>> in SplTypes as well.

> Well, in date manual as I can see there are 2 prefixes: date_ and
> timezone_. And in SPL there are non-prefixed iterators, ArrayObject,
> iterator_count, etc.

Yes we are aware of this. And we kept it this way mostly for BC reaons as
discussions were started by these two extensions and unfortunately too
late. Or we have special exceptions listed in CODING_STANDARDS (at least I
hope we listed all).

> But that's less important that this question - is the name
> intl_numfmt_parse_currency in any way less prone to naming conflict than
> numfmt_parse_currency? I don't think so. And "intl" name is quite
> non-descriptive, so we don't gain much by adding it.

Then the name of the extension is wrong.

> As I said, date and number formatter could be separate extensions, they
> are together only for practical purposes of distribution, so stuffing
> them into same "namespace" doesn't seem reasonable for me. They do each
> have unique prefix, which does not infringe on any other extension, so I
> think it should be enough...

But this way we get an overflow of prefixes. And I'd prefer grouped
functionality to share prefixes.

Best regards,
 Marcus