Hi!

But the non programmers don't understand <?=, $ and ?> either. And instea

They do. "Non programmer" != "idiot".

of promoting <?= we should probably add <?echo which would be compatible
to XML.

See my previous mail on that.

That is more than 5 years ago though.

OK, so?

But I do not have to use something is no reason to add a function.

I never brought it as a reason to add. The reason is the use case we already discussed.

But I don't want to add more stuff to make sure my stuff works. I want it
infact easier with less configurations.

In real use cases, you won't need any configurations at all. In imaginary use case where you are beset by hostile includes that are determined to ruin your environment and incompetent library writers that can't write 3 lines of code, but you must use their libraries, and on top of that you absolutely must to include XML files into the same application - in this imaginary case you still have very easy solution that allows you to go back to pre-patch state. I wish all patches could be reverted as easily when needed.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]