On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yeah, there has been a huge change. A good chunk of that change is XML.
>
>  XML as "parsing XML and working with DOM", not XML as "putting XML
>  through PHP parser".

Please (OH! Please!!!) read our answers, read the specs and understand
that many of us (if not the majority) have to work with xhtml or XML.

> It is very important to understand that no short
>  tags would ever cause you any problems with any XML *unless* you put
>  that XML through PHP parser - which having DOM, SimpleXML, etc. isn't
>  really that needed. Less then ever, I'd say.

Ok, can you at least try what you affirm?

Some tips:
I often use xmllint or other w3c tools to verify that my xml/xhtml
code is valid, before being parsed by php:

Take this file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<foo>
<? echo "bar"; ?>
</foo>

and run it through xmllint.

Can we now stop this discussion and revert this patch?

Thanks for your understanding, there is no more argument on any side
and the decision is obvious (by the voices and by the arguments).

Cheers,
--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org