From: Hannes Magnusson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2008 4:43 AM
To: Tex Texin
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: [php-icu] Graphemes and unicode vs intl extension

Hi Tex

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Tex Texin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Pierre, Marcus, et al.
>
>  1) The project started a year or so ago.

So for a whole year none of you (not even the Zend employees that should know
better) thought that there maight be a coding standard that you should follow?
Both for the extension itself and everything it exposes to the user.

>  The manual documentation was announced by Stas for review to this list as
> well on Dec 4.

And the changes requested by us still haven't been made.

>  So there has been opportunity for input on the specs and the project is
> above board. No one is "deciding anything about PHP".

Few people want this extension to be moved to core, which means: every decision
about this extension is "deciding anything about PHP".

>  2) I cannot fathom why you say that minds cannot be changed. Questions were
> asked and answered. The discussion is ongoing. Where is the problem?

This thread originated on [EMAIL PROTECTED] That is a big fat problem. Why
didn't you use [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>  4) One more note: As the specs and beta have been out for months, we thought
> we were near done. Also, some of the people that worked on this have to move
> on to other tasks. We also have a need for the intl extension and so would
> like to see at least a first version become available.
>
>  Considering the above, please don't interpret responses that propose to put
> in the next version what some might consider to be enhancements, as anything
> other than we have run out of time and man/woman power, but need and can use
> what is there today.

So what you are saying is everyone working on the extension are simply waiting
for the 1.0.0-stable release before they move on and will never look back?
Thats awesome and the most important reason why this extension cannot go into
core.

-Hannes