I was waiting after Rasmus said he wanted to compare to the internal Signals code they have at Yahoo before asking againd about inclusion. Gopal is familiar with the Yahoo code as well and we're planning to get together tomorrow and to review and make sure there aren't any critial oversights on this implementation. If the timeline allows 5.3 would be great but we may want to wait until Friday to commit.

It makes sense to me to enable by default on systems that have sigaction and disable on those without. This happens curretly in the patch if it's enabled and not present. I did check some discussions from other projects where this has come up and of was found to be available on almost all systems a number of years ago. I can dig this up and add to the rfc soon.

-lucas (mobile)