We were not big fans of this but were convinced that for these frameworks it'd
be reasonable. We agreed that we would make sure people understand that using
multiple namespaces per-file is not a best practice and is discouraged from
non-generated code.

Re: braces, I don't think it's a big deal but I would prefer without braces.
Given that I think people should only have one namespace per file, the braces
is a PITA because it already starts you off in an additional layer of
indentation. We all know that whitespace does matter :)
Also another reason to not have braces because then it then makes sure that you
don't go back into a global namespace and it is truly only used in these
framework concatenation use cases.

Btw, I am both a C++ and Java developer and it honestly doesn't confuse me
either way. I do prefer the "namespace" keyword because for me personally it
better reflects what we have here. I always associate package with something
that maps more directly to files but again, this could just be my own bias and
I am sure I would get used to either very quickly. In general, people will
always have pre conceived notions re: names but I have learnt that once a name
is picked people will get used to them very quickly. This is true for most
naming in life incl. personal life :)

Andi