Hannes Magnusson wrote:
On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:32, Lukas Kahwe Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 04.08.2008, at 10:28, Stefan Priebsch wrote:

Hannes Magnusson schrieb:
I don't think anyone but him likes multiple namespaces per file. I do
remember a PhD thesis sized mail from him explaining why multiple
namespaces per file was needed though (can hardly believe anyone read
the whole thing..).
In some deployment processes, multiple PHP files are merged together into
one file. Symfony, for example, does this, at least optionally.

Right, this is common practice to reduce disk I/O without having to make
development too hard. Also that way people can pick and choose what they
want to include (like not all drivers of a DBAL).

Fair enough.
Then lets keep the name "namespace" and use curly braces.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, I am fine with this approach, especially with Dmitry's (old) proposed syntax allowing namespace-less code within namespace {}:

<?php
namespace foo {
class blah{}
}