Hi!

Aren't we able to bind these at least partially to the function call
opcode, in case we know they are constant? If all is constsnt we could
even store the whole lookup in the opcode. Well you'd have to convince
Zend to do that because os far they have always been against this
approach.

Err, I'm not sure how can you store in opcode something you don't know - since opcode may be generated well before class or method exists, not speaking about the object of which you know nothing at the time of opcode generation? Same opcode could call entirely different methods of different classes. Am I missing somehing?

Also the zend_class_enty lookup in [1c] imo is completely useless. If
the zval object would store the class entry and the class entry had a
pointer to the handlers then we would save another costly lookup and
simply follow a pointer instead.

having only one handler table per class would make objects less flexible.
s...@zend.com   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: s...@zend.com