Hi Stas, Dmitry,

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com> wrote:
> The real things is even worse as during compilation of a class it's parent
> class doesn't have to be known. So construction of VMTs becomes a bit
> problematic. BTW we could think in this way...

Apologies, I'm not familiar with run-time inheritence in PHP. My
understanding was that when a classes source code is compiled, its
parent classes must be known. When is this not the case? Must it be
known for the class' first instantiation?

In the worst case, it _might_ be cheaper to build it at instantiation
time, but I would have to look up how expensive that is in a more
static language to be sure. Certainly, it is currently so expensive
that almost anything else would be better (including the OP's patch).

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul Biggar