Hi Steph:

> It's nothing to do with structure. "Everything" makes for a very long
> file, full stop.

It doesn't matter that the XML file is long.  Each section is broken up
into a separate page in the manual.

You want the upgrade guide to contain just the things that will cause
difficulties upgrading.  That's cool.  Put such info in one <section> and
it will be churned out as one web page in the manual.  Name it clearly.
Then anyone can easily find and read the info you want in one URI.

The rest of the information can be put into other <section>s so folks who
want more in depth coverage can have it too.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/