On 7/4/09, Lukas Kahwe Smith <m...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
>  Last evening I put together a quick proposal for a weak and strict checking
> approach, since I felt that things were being concluded a bit prematurely.
> More importantly I detailed the issues I see with a pure strict type
> checking only approach.

Thanks for the effort, I just wanted to add one thing though.

I'm not sure how this would work with php internals really but you
didn't mention arrays at all in your examples. The way I see it, with
the current conversion code, a weak bool type check would take array()
as a valid false value, and while I agree that it's a useful behavior
in conditionals sometimes, in the case of type checks it feels
horribly wrong.

So I hope it's just not mentionned because it's not a problem,
otherwise I think it should be clarified.

Cheers,
Jordi