On 04.07.2009, at 16:05, Paul Biggar <paul.big...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Lukas,

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Lukas Kahwe Smith<m...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
Last evening I put together a quick proposal for a weak and strict checking approach, since I felt that things were being concluded a bit prematurely.
More importantly I detailed the issues I see with a pure strict type
checking only approach.

I can't see the difference between your proposal and the conclusion I
reached yesterday?

(which was that there is a near consensus around strict checks by
default, with casts allowed with some syntax).

Well to me it Sounded like you wanted to Rely on Standard Type juggling and what i am proposing is more strict than that. More over i am Not convinced that strict should Be the Default.

Regards,
Lukas