Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

On 07.10.2009, at 08:09, Matteo Beccati wrote:

Christopher Jones ha scritto:

Could you use the new PG specific attribute to enable them
but make them output/handled by the existing error/exception
interface?

That's what I originally thought. But there can be multiple notices
triggered by a single query and they shouldn't make the query fail (i.e.
throwing an exception would be awkward for a successful query).

MySQL has similar notices. Like when stuff gets truncated etc.
I also think that using the current "error modes" is probably not ideal. Or rather these arent exception worthy, and they should obviously not return false either.

Is there a common interface that would suit both MySQL & Postgres usage?

Chris

--
Blog: http://blogs.oracle.com/opal
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/ghrd