On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 17:44 -0500, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
> Even though the 5.2 code base is fairly mature, it is far from being bug
> free. Unit tests are often a good way to identify corner cases that may
> not be handled properly even in the stable branches, so more tests IMHO
> is a good thing. Until the decision is made to discontinue the 5.2
> branch, which should be done eventually, maybe even later this year, we
> should not neglect it from any standpoint, especially tests.

I don't think we should force merging in 5.2, Chris madea good point
about proper testing of tests with external systems/libs.

On the other hand merging tests to5.2 and 5.3 means that we can find new
BC breaks we had overseen and either fix them or document them properly.

So I won't "waste" too much time but not forget about 5.2.

johannes