2010-03-13 23:05, Marco Tabini skrev:
But, really, who cares about a name while there isn't even a spec?
The name should be the last thing that needs to be considered—literally,
so that the trolls don't have an opportunity to flood the market with
opportunistic
titles until the new version is well defined and ready to go. Calling it
“trunk” at
this point ought to be more than enough, IMO.

I am OK with calling it "trunk", with a few caveats:

1. Keep calling it trunk on your blogs and tweets and talks as well, and specifically state that version numbering is undecided.

2. Some habits form from day one. This is why I started this discussion knowing very well that there was not a spec. The name that gets used informally on this list will very soon trickle into blogs and tweets. A decision about the version number - or a firm decision to keep calling it "trunk" and enforcing that decision - must come quickly. Yes, even before there is a spec!

--
Keryx Web (Lars Gunther)
http://keryx.se/