2010/8/11 Ryan Panning <rpann...@gmail.com>:

> Because the current syntax used for type hinting
> classes/arrays is strict. If changed, you would need to specify that scaler
> types are weak but classnames are strict and now you have a WTH moment.

Not really. Class type-hinting is not strict. The only reason why it
looks strict is, that PHP doesn't provide userland ways for
object-casting.
As far as I remember, zend-engine, underneath, actually has hook for
casting. And nothing stops us from supporting such casting with hints,
eventually.

--
Alexey Zakhlestin
http://www.milkfarmsoft.com/