Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

anyway .. for the love of god, could be please stop arguing in circles, nothing
.. really nothing that people brought forth pro/con any approach in regards to
type checking/hinting whatever hasn't been mentioned on this list multiple
times.

I agree with you, another topic that has been debated to death here. Between this and the namespace separator debate, it's been hard to keep up.

One other comment I forgot with my original post:
Why not leave the choice (strict/weak) up to the end users by implementing both using the syntax I commented about? Is one way or the other so bad that it can't be implemented?

At this point I feel like a decision should be made and stick with it. I would use this feature either way (strict/weak/both). It'll mainly be used in a framework so the users of that are going to have to deal with the end result. But if I had to vote it would be for weak. Thanks again.