Hi!

Sara wrote an extension for zend_parse_parameters() to expose it to
userland and its available in PECL:
http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pecl/params/trunk/

Im a +1 for exposing such functionality from the core/stdlib.

I like the idea, though it looks like this function is a re-implementation of the engine parsing, which is not good. The function that actually reuses the engine function would be much better.

Ahother thing - for core I think it has to be named something like func_parse_args() to be in line with func_get_args() etc. and some error feedback (like, which parameter failed and why) wouldn't hurt.

But having such thing in core would be very nice. Though it wouldn't solve the current debate about types/params, since the whole idea is for it to work without calling additional functions.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/