> Only that it has no technical or features-
> wise reasons to do so

Substantial engine level improvements and a couple of new language level
features (it's pushing it a bit, I agree, but not that much)

> but brings its lots of risks with it.

I fail to see how changing a version number brings any risk at all.

> Leaving the very small conference crowd for a second: nobody never ever
> heard of php6 before the total fiasco a couple of months ago.

I disagree.  Google for "PHP 6".  I've received tons of questions about it from
non-core-community attendees to conferences.  I've received countless questions
about it from Japanese and Chinese users.  It's out there.  If I had to bet
based on my experience with users, there are a lot more people that know what
PHP 6 was supposed to be than people who know its plans were scrapped.

I'll reply to some of your personal rant in person.  It doesn't belong here...

Zeev