On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 10:56 PM, Zeev Suraski <z...@zend.com> wrote:
> I think that skipping to a major version is a good idea.

It is appealing but not a good idea. I think it is better to get 5.4
with the features we like in it and then consider a major version.
There are quite a few things that we could add or changethat would
justify a major version (without opening one of our pandora's boxes
right now :).

As of versioning scheme, yes, a clear and documented one is the way.
Anything we can add to the RFC to clarify this would be welcome. Maybe
start a new thread, it is getting hard to follow each topic.

Cheers,
--
Pierre